A. There are 5 conditions to make fasting obligatory on any person:
- He/she should be a Muslim.
- The person should be sane.
- He or she should have reached the age of puberty i.e. he/she should be an adult.
- The person should be healthy.
- The person should not be in a state of travelling, he/she should be settled.
If it is a lady, there are additional 4 conditions to be fulfilled to make the fast obligatory on her:
- She should not be menstruating.
- She should not be in a position where she has post natal bleeding.
- She should not be breast feeding.
- She should not be pregnant.