He appears regularly on many international T.V. channels in more than 100 countries of the world. He is regularly invited for T.V. and radio interviews. More than a hundred of his talks, dialogues and debates are available on video cassettes, video CDs and audio cassettes. By 2002, he had delivered more than 600 public talks in many countries, in addition to his numerous public talks given in India.
In a lecture at Melbourne University, he argued that only Islam gave women true equality. He stressed the importance of the headscarf by arguing that the more “revealing Western dress” makes women more susceptible to sexual harassment. Naik said that according to National Crime Victimization Survey Bureau of Justice (U.S. Department of Justice) in the year 1996 alone everyday on an average 2,713 rapes took place. Under Islamic jurisdiction, he said, a man who raped a woman was punished with the death penalty. He states that music intoxicates a person and takes one away from the path of Allah.
He has done speeches followed by the questions and answers session on the topics such as
- Focus on Islam and universal brotherhood
- If the label shows your intent-wear it
- Interest free economy: promulgated by the Quran
- Religion in the right perspective
- Islam the universal religion
- Salah – the program towards righteousness
- T.V. talks on Kuwait TV-2
- Concept of God in major religions
- Is the Quran God’s word?
- Muhammad(PBUH) in various world religion scriptures
- Quran and modern science: conflict or conciliation
- Concept of God in Hinduism, Christianity and Islam
- Women rights in Islam
He has held many lectures around the world, he regularly holds lectures in Mumbai, India, and every year since 2007 leads a 10-day “Peace Conference” at Somaiya Ground, Sion, Mumbai with other prominent scholars, which included Malaysian politician, Anwar Ibrahim in 2008.
In 2013 dr zakir naik gave talks in Nigeria and headed to Dubia where he is scheduled for public lecture in july.